Friday 8 April 2011

Fire and Water

Wednesday

I left home on a cold wet morning. Every time I go to Manchester it feels like I am stealing away on some sort of secret mission. No one knows where I am going. I more or less disappear in more ways than one. My male aspect becomes overtaken by my feminine. It is not just how I dress, it's how I feel. 8 days living as near to being female as I can is a beautiful spiritual experience.
My whole belief system and what I know about myself was shaken to the core 7 years ago during the month of April. Then during the month of April a few years later I was hit again with another life changing event which scared the hell out of me.
There is a popular UK soap opera that is running a story about a transgender person who is the victim of a vicious assault. The background story of the character from what my friend Diana told me has parallels to my own. I have not seen it and to be honest perhaps that is just as well. If it helps lessen the violence and discrimination and shows transgender people as human beings that don't deserve the crap thrown at us. I will applaud the people who made it. We can but live in hope. 
Ok on with what I got up to this time. I got into Manchester on Wednesday just after noon. Getting of the train I felt like I was plugged into a vast energy source coupled with complete joy. It felt like I was back home. I've called this post 'Fire and Water' because in some esoteric systems fire can be a symbol of energy and water the flow of emotions. My emotions were heated and the emotional energy flow directed towards a beautiful path. Some say there is no magic in the world, but getting of that train again I entered what I can only  describe as  a magical place, inside and out.
I couldn't get my hotel room for about an hour an half so I went to Taurus.  Kate had said she would be out early and who should walk in just after I had got a beer, Kate. It was lovely to see her. We had a good chat and joked about the massive bag I had parked by the seat. Kate looked lovely and I guess I looked a bit rough.
It came time for me to get my room. When I got changed  I felt even better if possible. Meeting up again with Kate I had said I needed to get my nails done so off we went to a nail bar in the Arndale Centre. 
My nails done a nice dark red I felt complete. The one thing that I feel always signifies the changeover to a more feminine aspect is when I swap over watches.
That night we met up with Diana and Kitty for a lovely meal in Chinatown. It was great to see them both.It had been  4 months which is way to long. I was out with 3 of the best friends anyone could be blessed with.
After the meal we visited Concord where I paid my membership, 3 months late to my shame. I met Vanessa a lovely lady on the committee. She had mixed up my membership status on the MC forum.
We finished the night with some dancing in Naps.
A wonderful first night came to an end.
Fire and water had combined beautifully. I still had a wonderful week to go.

No comments: