Friday 15 April 2011

F & W Tuesday, York

It was quite a nice morning and I had decided to hop on a train to York. I had been before but never got a good look around as that time it was just before Christmas and was very busy.
The train journey was uneventful. It was actually quite relaxing reading a book and listening to my mp3 player.
When I got to York I went for a walk along the city wall.

From there I made my way into the city centre and found a shop that had a Tarot deck I'd been looking for. I bought a couple of other things as well. Already the trip had been worth it and it had also turned into a nice sunny day.
I also wanted to visit The Jorvik Viking Centre. I've got a fascination with Celtic and Norse history in particular. Going slightly of topic there is a history of Transgender Shamanism in Europe that stretches way back and Shamanism is probably the world's oldest spiritual discipline which dates back to the dawn of recorded human history. Visible signs of it have been found in Australia, the Americas, Siberia and parts of Europe. It's never been an organised religion more a spiritual discipline. It has probably been here before any religion.  
I would be very interesting if someone wrote a book about the transgender aspect of humanity throughout history.
Back to the Jorvik Centre which I think is built upon a Viking settlement. The main part is a ride showing how they lived in those times. Below are a couple of pictures.



  
After the Jorvik Centre I took a walk down to the river and got a couple of photos.

It was a bit windy so I got a couple of more out of the wind away from the banks and one of a duck who looks far better than me.

 
I found The Shambles a fascinating street that was like going back in time if it wasn't for the throng of tourists.
One shop caught my attention. and I bought a gift each for my friends back in Manchester.I don't think they really know how much they help me and have helped when I am in Manchester. There are a lot of things I would be unable to do if it wasn't for them. It's always nice to be able to say thank you in at least a small way.
Below is a  picture of a sheep I came across.

I must admit I found it quite funny.
I got some more photos at the Mansion House, but time was moving on and I decided to get back to Manchester. I'd had a lovely day out. I wish I'd got more photos for my own memories as this blog is, but that wasn't possible.
The next day would be my last day.
When I got back to Manchester after getting something to eat and a quite evening in Paddy's Goose I called it a night.
Wednesday my friends would be out and I would meet some new girls. I'll end this with a couple of photos outside The Mansion House.
 

No comments: