Monday 17 November 2008

Friday, A couple more firsts and no nerves.


I'm not long back from an amazing 2 days in Manchester and a trip through to Liverpool for the April Ashley talk.
I got down to Manchester on the Friday afternoon and met up with Lisa at The Place where we had an apartment. We had stayed there at Sparkle and I hadn't seen Lisa since then.
Once we got sorted, out bob basically disappeared until Sunday when I went home. Even at Sparkle I hadn't spent the whole time in K mode.
Diana was coming round and we were going out to the Trafford Centre to shop. There was a slight hitch, Diana had forgot her contact lenses and had to go back home and get them. Actually I was glad of the extra time to get ready.
Once Diana got sorted she came round to where we were staying and couldn't come up to our apartment due to a mix up with names. I went down to get her. The reception was busy. At one time I would have been extremely nervous with so many people in one place.
We went up to the apartment. Diana looked looked as good as ever. A very classy lady.
When we got up to the apartment Lisa was just about ready. Lisa looked great. It was time to go shopping. Lisa drove us out to the Trafford.
At the MAC counter in Selfridges I mangeed to limit what I bought which is really difficult. I just love their products. I bought a green wool coat in Evans (see pic above).
We decided to have a meal in the Trafford. Another first outside the village for me.
It's a fantastic feeling just being able to do normal things like any other woman with a couple of good friends.
After the meal it was back to the hotel and a quick change and out for a couple of drinks in the village. We met up in Napoleons. The blue dress Diana was wearing was absolutely stunning. I wish I could wear clothes like that. Both Diana and Lisa looked fab. If I even look a fraction as good as Diana and Lisa I'm happy. I'm still trying to get used to heels. Very low ones seem to kill my feet. I'm in awe of those two and the ones they wear.
The night came to an end. I'd had a wonderful time and it was time for a few hours sleep.

2 comments:

Diana Richards said...

You too can have a blue dress like that for six quid in TJ Hughes.
So glad you enjoyed yourself Karen, and sorry we didn't spend more time together. You certainly pack a lot in on your all too infrequent visits !

Next time ?

love
Di
xxx

Karen said...

I wish I could come down more. I'll see what I can do next year, but before that there's next month.
See you then
Love
Karen xx