Wednesday 2 July 2008

Sparkle 08 Thursday

Sparkle, it was absolutely mind blowing. It was far more than I imagined.
The overwhelming feeling I got was joy.
It gave me a chance to meet up with people I'd met when I was down last and also those I'd only had contact with over the net and some I'd only seen on the net.
There were so many highlights.
I had come down on the Thursday and was sharing an apartment with Lisa who looked after me when I was down and gave me lots of good advice.
After the AXM we went to the Tiger Lounge which was holding a sixties night. Unfortunately it wasn't that busy. I think the weather had put many of, the rain was horrendous. We met a few other girls there and Kieron (F to M transman.) It was when I was talking to him a genetic girl who was out with her boyfriend or husband came over and said to me ' I would like to say I think you are really beautiful.'
I was stunned. I did manage to return the compliment and believe me she was absolutely stunning.
Kieron reckoned my face was an absolute picture.
I have never had a complete stranger and a beautiful lady to boot say something like that to me.
Whoever you are, thank you. You made my night.
I talking to one of the barmaid's when out having a ciggy another beautiful girl. I always find it amazing how women talk to me when I'm dressed up. They seem to open up and never speak to me like that when I'm in male mode. It's quite an exprience in itself.
The night eventually came to an end and it was back to the hotel. I had had a wonderful night and it was only just beginning.
One thing any labels I use are only to avoid confusion. I hate them myself and hopefully one day we won't need them. In he end we are all human and just trying to live the best we can.

2 comments:

Anji said...

Hi Karen, looks like I'm the first to comment. I'm visiting via Doris. Welcome to the world of blogging. hope you make lots of good friends like I have over the years.

Sounds like Sparkle was incredible all round!

Karen said...

Thank you Anji
I hope so but if not it leaves a record of what I'm not really sure.
Sparkle was, it's an amazing event.