Thursday 3 July 2008

Sparkle 08 Friday Afternoon/Evening

It had been some morning and to be quite honest writing all this I think I might get mixed up with everything that happened. I didn't really get much sleep over the weekend and started drinking lots of Red Bull.
Imogen a lovely girl who is transitioning came to the hotel to meet us. I got changed, the scruffy git disappeared. I can't remember exactly what I was wearing, but I do remember wearing the shoes I had bought plus taking my new handbag I'd bought in the morning.
So off we went to AXM for the official opening of Sparkle. About a 100 yards down the road I thought my feet were on fire. Luckily I had taken a pair of flats in my handbag. After an undignified change I could walk again.
We had a few drinks in AXM spoke to quite a few more people at the stands upstairs. I think thats where I first met Diana and Carina two really lovely people.
Eventually we had to leave to get changed for the nights meal at Velvet.
At the meal Kate who I had met when I was down before was out with her wife. Two really nice people, a lovely couple. I also met Bea and Jess who I'd heard about. Two really classy ladies.
Linzi who is a riot, I don't know how many cigs we smoked, but everytime we went outside it was a laugh. Then there was Jo a girl who is transitioning which is tough enough, but is having to deal with all sorts of other things that don't make it any easier, but only magnifies her situation into a hellish nightmare. I really hope it works out for her. I don't think I've ever met a person with such strength. It was a true privilege to meet her. She listened to me and let me release something that I had been bottling up for far to long.
If I've missed anyone out I apologise.
After the meal we went back to Axm I think. Linzi and myself went out for another ciggy with Jane. Two genetic girls out with their friends stopped to talk with us. Actually it was quite a while. I hadn't said much I've always been a bit shy. Then I got it, they started saying how good I looked and a few other compliments a couple of hugs. The looks I got from Linzi and Jane. Oh well it was all good fun.
Another fantastic night came to an end. Lisa and myself made our way back to the hotel. It was funny when some bloke propositioned us on the way back. I thought great now I've been taken for a hooker. Needless to say he got told to get lost.

No comments: