Tuesday 12 April 2011

F&W Leeds First Friday


Friday

Diana was moving out of hotel as she couldn't keep the room in the New Union as the weekend was busy. I had decided to stay a further 3 days. I went down to help her move her luggage to the car. Diana had lent me a small bag for taking some clothes through to Leeds as we were booked into a Travel Lodge for the night.
With everything in the car boot we set of to Kate and Kitty's.
When we got to their house Kitty made us a lovely breakfast. Kate decided she would get changed in Leeds so decided to travel as Bob.
We set off and had the option of 2 routes. Diana picked the right route and avoided the backed up traffic from a fuel protest.
We got to Leeds after a good run. After checking into the hotel, I needed to buy some tights so I said I was going to take a walk into the city centre. Kitty decided to come in with me as she  had  never been round the shops. I got my tights and then took Kitty on a quick tour. In the market she found tights that she really likes and finds hard to  get. In one of the shopping arcades which was full of really expensive shops filled  with clothes and jewellery  that  a girl can dream about. We found one shop that was overwhelmingly feminine. It was done out like a shop from the early part of the last century. When we went in, the absolutely beautiful scents hit you from the perfumes, lotions and bath salts. Downstairs were some stunning dresses. Designs from a bygone era.
"I'm in girly heaven",  Kitty almost squealed in delight. It's times like this I really wish I was a real girl as Kitty is. I could appreciate her delight   The bath salts were made to look like delicate cakes and fooled me. I had to smile there was a bloke in the shop with his wife and he looked a bit uncomfortable looking like he wanted to bolt. I guess my appearance in the shop didn't help. The shop assistants were great and really nice and after Kitty bought some bath salts we left to get a coffee.
In the coffee shop I got a seat and asked Kitty to bring the coffee over as my internal wiring is a bit wonky and I sometimes drop things.
After a coffee we went back to the hotel for a nice evening meal with Diana and Kate.  I got ready for our night out. This would be a rarity for me I would get out of my jeans and wear a skirt. It is not that often I wear a dress or skirt, but it is nice to every now and again.
The first place we went was Blayds bar then Fibre where I saw Gemma and her girlfriend. I hadn't seen them since I was last in Newcastle which was about a year ago. Then we went to The Loft in Queens Court.
After a lot  of dancing I felt very tired and decided to go back to the hotel. It had be another wonderful day with my friends.

Saturday

Saturday morning I got up for breakfast. It was now becoming routine doing my make up After a shower and shave. While I was waiting for the lift. I knew out of the corner of my eye there was a bloke staring at me. Here we go again. I decided to take the stairs. He followed me and I vaguely heard him say something. Down in the reception I heard Kate's voice from behind me. I turned and saw Kate as Bob.She was  the person at the lift.I felt such a fool.  We had a laugh about it and went for breakfast. Diana and Kitty appeared and joined us.
After breakfast we headed back to Manchester. Diana would stay at Kate and Kitty's  with all the stag and hen parties invading The Village the hotels were booked up. We had a good Saturday night in The Village. It is a shame the stag and hen parties come to The Village I think it does spoil things to an extent.
I was at the half way point of my stay. I would be on my own for the next 3 days, but I would see Diana and Kate on Wednesday. Unfortunately Kitty wouldn't be able to make it out.

No comments: