Monday 18 April 2011

F& W Last Day

Wednesday my last day out. The night would bring the Northern Angels Meal.  Diana and Kate would be out, but unfortunately Kitty wouldn't be able to make it.
I went shopping, I guess the last bit of retail therapy for this time.
As I write this I do feel a bit sad remembering back. I have said before that I've thought of April to be an unlucky month. I now know it's been a month that has brought endings and new beginnings. At times they have been very traumatic.
When I had finished shopping I came back to The Village had a couple of drinks outside Queer. It had turned into a beautiful day. I went to Sackville Gardens and stood by the Beacon of Hope and The Tree of Life. The Gardens are a rare area of green in the city centre. To me areas like this should be protected and nurtured. The Beacon of Hope reminds me of a spiral tower in the land ruled by the Goddess Arianrhod in Welsh mythology. She is known as a Goddess of reincarnation and fate. The Beacon of Hope a monument for those that have died from Aids and the hope that a cure will one day be found. I don't know what the inspiration for it's design was, but Arianrhod's spiral tower is what I think off. The Tree of Life is an ancient symbol that has appeared in many faiths. I sat for a brief time in the sunshine and got lost in some memories.
I went back to the hotel to get ready. Kate had been in touch earlier to see if a new girl Amanda could use my room to get changed.  It was no problem, I was happy to help.
Amanda found a parking space in The Village and I went out to meet her. I guess it wasn't to hard to know who I was. I had given her a description  of what I was wearing. I took her up to my room and left her to get changed. She seemed a really nice lass and this was her first time in The Village.
I went for a couple drinks downstairs  in the bar. Once Amanda was ready, and I must admit she did look stunning, I helped her take her gear back to the car. She didn't need my room to get changed back.
Everything sorted out we headed to Taurus. We were a bit late, but that couldn't be helped.
It was nice to see Bev and Sandy again and meet Susan and Kyrstina and last but not least Kate and Diana.
I introduced Amanda to everyone. I was quite hungry and really enjoyed the meal. Then we moved on to New New York and Manchester Concord. At Concord I finally paid my membership for the year, 3 months late. Unfortunately I don't get out as much as I would like.
After Concord our numbers reduced as with work the next day people had to get home.
Kyrstina found her car had been towed. Diana ran her home as there `was a problem getting it out of the pound. Nightmare stuff, but we do look after each other.
It ended up with just me and Kate in Naps. After a lot of dancing  the night came to an end.
We left Naps and I was sad to say goodbye to Kate as I had been to Diana earlier and the other girls who had come for the meal.
I'll finish this with one last photo. Thanks for reading.
Take care of yourselves and each other
Love Karen x

No comments: