Saturday 10 March 2012

Stranger Times (Part 1)

My first outing in Manchester was wonderful, but ended on a sour note. On this trip I think I gained a better understanding of the Gay Village. I also went to a show, gave wearing jeans a rest and had a wonderful night out in Leeds.
It all began on Wednesday and I went to Manchester Concord and it's last night at NY NY before moving to Villagios. It was such a wonderful feeling seeing my friends again and being able to go dancing again which we did in Naps.
The only picture I got was the one below where you can't see me very well which is probably a good thing.

Thursday, I met up with Kristina and we went out shopping, and went up on the Manchester Wheel. I had been up on it a couple of times before, but Kristina hadn't.

Kristina and myself up on the wheel



  In the evening we went for a meal in Chinatown and saw a musical at the Opera House, Save the Last Dance, which is a love story set against a back drop of racial discrimiation in the sixties. I really enjoyed the show and the music.



  
  A blurry picture outside the Opera House.


We walked back to Velvet in The Village and then Kristina went to get a train home.
It had been a lovely day and evening so I'll finish with a song that featured in the show.

http://youtu.be/n-XQ26KePUQ 

No comments: