Tuesday 13 March 2012

Stranger Times (Part 2 Leeds )

Friday
I woke up after a reasonably early night and I managed to get  breakfast at the Retro Bar before it filled with construction workers. Before I left it was quite full.
Diana and her friend Alex would be coming to pick me up in the afternoon for a night out in Leeds. First I needed to buy a dress. I went to the Arndale. I must admit my favourite pastime is shopping. I love being able to wander round the shops and when I find something I like it makes my day. This time out by the time I had to go home I had problems fitting my clothes and shoes into my bag. When out shopping I very rarely try anything on. I find using  changing rooms intimidating. Most shop assistants are great and very helpful.
I found a lovely green dress in Debenhams. Simple design and I think it suits me, plus green, I think is one of my colours.
I had a fantastic morning shopping and was very pleased with myself.
I went back to my hotel and packed a not so small overnight bag and then met up with Diana and Alex who drove us through to Leeds.
Once in Leeds and booked into the hotel I found I  had forgotten my toothbrush. The 3 of us went to find a chemist.  After finding and buying our essentials we returned to the hotel to get ready.
We were in Leeds for a T event called 'Leeds First Friday'. I had been a couple of times before and really enjoyed myself.
First we went for a lovely meal at The Cosmopolitan. Then it was on to a couple of bars.
Me  in my new dress     


Diana and Alex looking absolutely beautiful

Looks like I am shouting for a drink
The ugly one still smoking

We went to The Viaduct and watch a great cabaret. I got talking to a genetic girl who was made up that I knew the country of her birth and had been there. She also wanted to know where I had bought my dress.
We ended up in the Loft at Queens Court where we met Tina who was out for a night with some friends. 

Myself and Tina

The night came to an end and I felt really tired, perhaps I am really feeling my age.

Saturday

Back in Manchester in the afternoon, Diana got her room at my hotel and then  we went for a wander around the shops in the Northern Quarter which I had never really been round.

In the evening we met up with Kate in Taurus, Alex went to meet up with some friends.

After dancing in Naps till after 3am the night came to a end.

No comments: