Saturday 3 December 2011

11/11 (Pt 2)

Wednesday
 Got into Manchester very happy. Felt like I was home again. Kate couldn't meet me unfortunately as she was working, but I would see herself and Kitty in the evening. First I took a wander into the Arndale dressed as a bloke to pick up a few things before I got changed. I do this once every year in Manchester and it feels very weird. I tend  to just about run back to the hotel. That done I got back to the hotel and got dressed properly for my first night out in ages.
We had a wonderful meal in Velvet and went dancing in Naps. I was back with my friends and it felt wonderful.
With Kate outside Velvet

Thursday

My friend Diana came through to Manchester to stay for a couple of nights but managed to take advantage of a cancellation and add Saturday night. I met her and also added another 3 nights to my stay which would bring my total to 8, but it also meant that I would move hotel on the Monday.
Before I met Diana I had wandered into the Arndale and did some shopping. By the time my Manchester odyssey was over my credit card would be screaming 'no more, stop'.
I managed to buy a mirror with 10x mag' which really helps with my make up, but is quite scary as my face looks like the surface of the moon.
I came back to The Village with time to spare before Diana arrived so I sat for a time in Sackville Gardens. Council workers were busily cleaning up the autumn leaves on the ground. I noticed the Tree of Life still had all it's leaves, but they would be fallen by the time I left for home.

The Tree of Life 


That night out with Diana we went to a different bar called Icon which we had never been to before.
We both  tried on silly hats that were on the coat stand. Below is a picture of me looking very silly. We also saw the You Tube video of Manchester Pride done to Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way'.



Born this way, I guess I was, being out in Manchester feels so right I wish I was female physically.
It's not to be. A spirit in the wrong body, but thats my life and I live it best I can. 



     

No comments: