Sunday 11 December 2011

11/11 (Pt 4)

Saturday

I don't wear a dress when out that often. I find it very hard because of my body shape to find one I like and also fits. For me a skirt and top seems to be a better option, plus I love my jeans. Diana always teases me about jeans when we're out shopping. I just can't seem to help myself. I remember sometime  ago before I came down to Manchester this time hearing two women discussing their day and how horrendous it was shopping for jeans. I thought try being me and finding the right leg length.
The day's shopping started of well. I bought a nice pair of boots that are very comfortable.
I had told Kate and Kitty that I would get a nice dress to wear that evening so I bought a top and another pair of jeans. Typical me.
We went off to Frasers for a look where I saw a dress I instantly fell in love with. The price was a bit off putting, but Diana I think thought it would really look good. I thought I am in Manchester to enjoy myself and I knew I would feel like a million dollars in the dress. There was also a handbag I really wanted, but that would wait a couple of days. To complete everything my dress was put in a pink shoulder bag when I bought it. There are times when I'm out that I get an overwhelming sense of my femininity being let out. Being with Diana who is extremely feminine, I know I am not, I was in a beautiful place. To share it with a wonderful girlfriend and just be myself. I could not ask for more.
We went back to The Village and into Via which had not long opened after a facelift. Diana took a picture of me not taking myself to seriously with a small caldron.


One thing that did happen in Via was two men decided to have a good snog on a couch in front of us. After they moved on Diana and myself discussed whether the show we had just witnessed from the 2 blokes was done to see how we would react. Neither of us had a problem. Actually it was good to see that they felt comfortable to be able to show what they felt for each other. One of the problems with The Village is the amount of hen parties and the blokes that follow them into The Village looking to get lucky.Unfortunately it can cause problems of a homophobic and transphobic nature. In my last couple of times in The Village I've seen more gay men snogging. My conclusion is that perhaps they are reclaiming The Village. More power and good luck to them if it keeps the idiots away.  
After a meal Diana and myself went back to our respective hotels to change for a night out.
We met up at the New Union and had a drink in a couple of bars. We met a nice lass  who came to Naps with us where we met up with Kate and Kitty. 

Saturday Night on Canal St or was it Sunday morning


Me in Churchills

Naps was busy and I enjoyed dancing the night away.
At the end of the night Kitty gave me some lovely Christmas presents from herself and Kate and a wonderful card. Must admit I  felt some joyful tears welling up I  was so happy.

Sunday
Diana would be making her way home, but was not in any hurry.
I went to Diana's hotel to help her with her luggage. When I met her she gave me a lovely Christmas gift and card. The card was different to any other I had recieved. She told me her pen didn't work so she had used lip liner. That personal touch made the card from one girlfriend to another  even more special.
We had a nice day and I was sad to see Diana leave for home. She told me she might be out again before I would leave for home.
On my own again, I decided to have an early night. I had 3 days left and the next day I would move hotel and get the room Diana had been in.     
  

No comments: