Tuesday 13 December 2011

11/11 (Pt 5) Morag and New Hair)

Monday

I checked out of my hotel my luggage in the hotel's locker room because it would be a couple of hours before I would get my room in the New Union. I  decided to go for breakfast at The Olive Deli. Unfortunately I had a mishap with my coffee which ended with a giant stain on my thigh that looked like I had peed myself. Luckily my coat covered it. I felt horrible and just wanted to change. After I left the Deli I went to the gardens to sit quietly and hopefully the coffee would dry.
I sat and just soaked in the peaceful surroundings. I really love The Village and Sackville Gardens is my favourite area.
It came time for me to check into the New Union which was getting an interior paint job. One of the painters asked me if I was moving in for the month when he saw my luggage. The painters were a nice bunch, courteous and, very helpful.
After checking in I went out shopping. I had decided to buy the handbag I had seen when I was out with Diana.
I got my new handbag and even decided to give it a name, but I couldn't decide what to call it. I thought about Morrigan, but calling it after the Celtic Goddess of War might not be quite right. I ended up eventually settling on Morag. People give all sorts of inaminate things names, but a handbag, oh that's me I guess. Perhaps I am losing it a bit. It is a nice furry one.

With my new furry handbag

Tuesday

I decided to get the train to Birmingham. I was thiking about getting  a new wig. I always feel a bit sad having to wear a wig, but at Frasers department store where I had bought a wig before, the assistants remarked that when you consider how much some women spend each year on their hair a wig can be a good investment.
Frasers Birmingham is a wonderful place to shop. The assistants in my opinion could teach other business's about customer service.
I found a wonderful wig with invaluable help and was over joyed with what was basically my new hairdo.

New Hair

Birmingham was very windy. I had a wander through the Christmas Market. Bought a book I had been looking for, but the wind was a real pain.


I decided to get back to Manchester. I caught the train and I was a bit worried about the guard checking the tickets. All the blokes tickets he checked he said, 'Thank you sir' and the women he referred to as love. I was waiting to be called sir again, but it never happened. Actually I was treated no different to any other woman on the train. The man in charge of the refreshment trolley was the same. I was on a Cross Country train and for me on their trains I have always  been treated with the greatest of respect and never been called sir which can be a nightmare where everybody stares at you.
When out presenting as female it's not asking for much to be treated as such.
It has always been a pleasure to travel on Cross Country Trains.
Back in Manchester I went about for a meal and met KD and Tina who I hadn't seen for a few months. We had a nice chat and they moved on. It was lovely to see them both again.
The night came to a close so I wandered back to the New Union. I had one drink and decided to call it a night. Karaoke was in full swing. One bloke had a fantastic voice singing a song I hadn't heard before.
I had one day left and that sadly would be my last this year.

   

No comments: