Tuesday 4 September 2012

Manchester Pride 2012 (7)

August 26th Sunday

Sunday was a bit quieter in The Village. Breakfast in the Olive Deli. Unfortunately the Retro was to busy, Diana and myself when to look at the stalls in The Village.  I had bought a sort of bangle/ wristband that I really liked a  few days before.



Diana bought a nice piece of jewellery. I then went and did something probably a bit silly.
I went and got my palm read.
When I went inside the lady, before I even sat down said something that shook me. I paid to get the reading and she did my left hand. She told me I had a long life line and would live to a old age. To be honest it's not something I wanted to hear. I don't really like who I am and know to make the changes I desire  would place me in a bad position. I want to transition, but that is not an option. Really I am a bit sad and pathetic. A lonely crossdresser who can't get his act together. I have a few things against me, but in saying that I hide in the shadows with my fears.
 The reading contained a warning, but was on the whole a good one. It didn't feel good to me. She did say I  have a strong sixth sense. I understood that one.
I know she was holding back. She made a point of telling me a few times while reading my palm, to enjoy myself.
I thanked her and left and told Diana some of what she said.
Diana needed a new chain so we left The Village and went to the Arndale to look for one. We also went to Afflecks Market where I showed Diana the Crystalhenge stall. She took a picture of me under a cow doing the can can.


We went back to The Village to meet up with Kate. When we met Kate she told us about a bucking bronco machine. I'd always wanted to have a go on one. Kate took us to it and it wasn't what I expected.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYJ81JOQIY&feature=share&list=UL7WYJ81JOQIY

The link shows me giving everyone a laugh I  told Diana that I'd changed into my evil alter ego Tawny. One lady shook my hand and said that I'd been the best all day. It was really funny and I got quite a ribbing about it plus a round of applause.
We did see Gabi again in the Molly House, but she was back in bloke mode. She'd had found her wristband allowed her to travel on the trams in the city centre and made full use of it. Gabi also got to meet Kitty who appeared before Gabi had to go to the airport. 



That evening we went to the Womens Stage in  Sackville Gardens to see Toyah. I had always wanted to see her from since I was a teenager. She still has it and what a voice!!



Next we tried to get to the main stage arena to see Alison Moyet, but the crowds meant the area had to be sealed off.
I felt for Diana because she really wanted to see her. There were some more hiccups but a fantastic night came to an end after me even with now really swollen feet going a bit daft dancing in Naps.  

No comments: