Saturday 1 September 2012

Manchester Pride 2012 {2}

15th August

I left  home early in the morning with 2 bags that were quite heavy. I had to really think about what clothes to take and leave space for anything I bought.
The train journey was uneventful, and when I got to Preston to change trains for Manchester I started to feel really good. I took my first picture. I love history and I took a few photos of things I found interesting not just related to Pride. I also took photos of venues around The Gay Village in Manchester.


I changed trains and when I reached Manchester I felt so happy. I made my way to Taurus and had a drink and also a nice chat with the staff who remembered me from previous times out. It was then time to check into the hotel and get changed.



All ready to start my odessey I went out for some essentials. Later that evening I met up with Kate and Kitty and ended up in Naps dancing till 2am. It felt good to be back.

                                                              With Kate in naps

Thursday 16th August

Morning and I would get into a ritual that would last for the next 12 days. First I would go to the Retro Bar just up from the hotel. Their breakfast is great value and really sets you up for the day.

                                                                      The Retro Bar

After breakfast I went for a walk around The Village and then on through Chinaown.
+                                                                         AXM

                                                                        
                                                                      Cruz

                                                                  New York New York
                       NY NY a former home of Manchester Concord . Can get really busy.  

                                                               
                                                            The arch in Chinatown




While out shopping I bought a new dress from Monsoon, a favourite  shop of mine. After shopping I made my way back to the Village.
I had started to keep notes in a diary Kate and Kitty had given me for Christmas so I'm basically using those notes.

Back to Village, relaxing drink in Taurus. Coffee in Olive Deli, staff were really helpful when I had a problem picking up coffee.
Evening, did my nails and  went for drinks in Village. Met  Karen Richards  in Icon, who was heavily involved in organising Sparkle.

Back at the hotel, I met 3 lovely Irish women who asked me about the Gay Village. I said Thursday wasn't the best night out, but tomorrow should be better.
I was very tired and had an early night.

17th August  (Friday)

Feet were starting to suffer. I did some more shopping and took more pics.


                                     McTucky's, on the corner  of Canal and Sackville Street

                               The Rembrandt another former home of  Manchester Concord


VIA a friendly pub on Canal Street. During Sparkle I was very impressed with their atitude


                                         Polari a nice quieter gay club next to VIA


                                                       Very quiet Canal Street

                               View a bar that I don't go in much now when I visit the Village


                                        Churchills another bar that I go in from time to time



I decided not  to let my feet get the better of me and took a wander round the Northern Quarter.

 
 
Back in The Village I had a drink in Taurus and then the Olive Deli.
That evening in the Village there was a strange atmosphere with some wierd  and at times nasty men trying to pick me up. I tried each time to politely say no but got verbal abuse. One on a bike told me I was insulting him because I would go with him.
I decided it would be better if  I went back to the hotel. I'd had a lovely day out and sometimes in The Village at night if you are the only Tgirl  it's not the nicest place to be. Don't get me wrong the bars and clubs are fine it's just you sometimes come across some idiots on the street.
Back at the hotel I met the 3 Irish women again who invited me to go to Tiger Tiger with them. Unfortunately my feet were killing me so I had to decline.
 
 

  























No comments: