Saturday 16 July 2011

Sparkle Trip Part 1 (Indestructible Nails and Salsa)

Wednesday and Thursday

I went to Manchester on the Wednesday before Sparkle. I could get settled in and the real bonus was my friend Diana was staying over for a few nights by the Village.
I met Kate in Taurus while waiting for my hotel room. After a drink I left Kate to get my room and get changed. Kate went into town for some shopping which would really help me. It really did make everything real seeing her. I love coming to Manchester to see my friends. We are all transgender except for Suki, Kate's wife, but that is a small detail that doesn't matter. If you have read previous posts Suki was known previously as Mrs Kate or Kitty.
I got my room and discovered I didn't have enough hangers for my clothes. At £28 a night, the room en suite, was functional clean and had a good mirror with decent light. I
I rang Kate to see if she could pick up some hangers so I could get unpacked properly. She found some which really helped me.
When  I was ready  I went into the city centre to meet Kate. Later on we went back  to Taurus to meet Diana. It was a beautiful feeling to be out again with my friends and later Suki would also be out.
After something to eat and Kate went to meet Suki we went to Concord and then on to Naps.
. Earlier I had decided to leave getting my nails done until Thursday morning. I would be really delighted with the results, but that would wait for the morning. Now it was time for some sleep I had been up 24 hours straight.

Thursday

In the morning Diana and myself went to have breakfast in the Retro Bar next to the car park. A full English breakfast at a very reasonable price really set you up for the day.
After breakfast  I wanted to get my nails done so we headed to the Arndale market. At the nail bar the oriental lady said it would be £25 pounds and something about acrylic tips. I wasn't sure but said ok.
When she had finished they looked amazing and very long. I would find that I could not get my necklaces on.
Below is a picture of them

These nails seemed indestructible. They didn't chip and I had to be a bit more delicate as it could be painful if  I caught them on anything.
I was really pleased with them and I would get quite a few nice comments about them.
Diana had gone to look for some shoes and when we met up again I think she was surprised and impressed at the work that was done on my nails.
   .
The real highlight of Thursday was the Salsa dancing class in the Village we went to It was free and Diana had been thinking about attending for some time. It did get a bit much for me and I felt myself getting dizzy. I knew what the problem was and there are times when it hits me and this was one of them. Everyone was very understanding. A really nice man about half my age took me through the steps at a slower pace. It was nice to be dancing even in my clumsy way as a woman being led by a male partner. 
The instructor had thrown us in at the deep end. Diana did really well and was getting the steps and movement. I hope she continues, she looked really good. He did show us what was possible dancing with a beautiful girl. It was almost mesmerising watching them dance.
Afterwards we ended the night in Naps. Friday Sparkle would really begin.
Me outside Naps in the dress I wore for the Salsa class. 

No comments: