Monday 19 August 2019

July {Sparkle), 2019

I decided to go to Sparkle which was my 5th. I stayed in a hotel of Sackville St.


The weather was great and I took a trip out to Salford Quays and spent most of the day out at Media City. I met up with a lady I had been in contact with online. Had a lovely day.
On the Friday The Village was gearing up for the festivities.


On the Saturday I was meeting up with a girl from Scotland, Karen, who was coming to Sparkle for the first time. She wasn't arriving to later in the day. So I wandered around Sackville Gardens looking at the stalls and listening to the music as well as the various speeches.
Earlier I had been shopping and got some pink jeans and a lacy top.





I met up with Karen and a few other girls from Scotland she knew. We had a evening meal at my hotel and then met up with my friends Kate, Mrs Kate, Diana and Ash a French themed event below Via. It was then on to the Retro Bar rock night. I actually wore my witchy dress which I love.
I think Karen enjoyed herself.

On Sunday I took Karen out shopping in Manchester city centre. She was pleased to go shoe shopping. Which I think was a first for her. 
Karen had to leave and get home. I think she'd had a great time and wished she'd had more time. I enjoyed showing her round.
After Karen left I went back to the Gardens got some food and enjoyed what was left of Sparkle.
I'd had a fantastic time but unfortunately it was time to pack and get some sleep. Another wonderful and beautiful time for me was coming to an end.




I liked the t-shirts from Sparkle which have the slogan ' Trans is not a choice, transphobia is'.
For me that rings so true.


  

  





No comments: