Sunday 22 July 2012

Sparkle 2012 (Saturday)

I woke up Saturday morning full of energy. Once Diana and myself were ready we went to the Olive Deli for  breakfast and then on to the Arndale for a spot of shopping. Diana found a beautiful dress while I bought some essentials. I did take her to a shop she had asked me about and managed to get a couple of photos on the way.Unfortunately the only photos I have are of myself.



It came time for us to head back to The Village and Sparkle in the Park.
Sackville Gardens was very busy. Everything was in full swing. Live music on the stage a multitude of stalls.
I noticed there were a lot of apparently non trans people out enjoying themselves. This year I would say Sparkle attracted a very diverse crowd. It was fantastic to see. In the media this year we have had the reality series television 'My Transsexual Summer' which I'm sorry to say I never saw. Some of the stars of that series were out at Sparkle. This year as well we also had the trans based drama 'Hit and Miss' which I did see. I hope these programmes had a positive effect on the general public's perception of transgender people.
The atmosphere in the park I felt was very relaxed so maybe a positive change has begun.





While in the gardens I bumped into a few people I know. I managed a brief chat with Kristina a lovely lass who went with me to the Alan Turing Exhibition last time I was in Manchester. I would take Diana and Alex to see it on Sunday.
One funny thing was the students, who I think were on a annual pub crawl, dressed as cartoon characters.


It came time to go back to the apartment and get changed for the evening. I left earlier than Diana, Kate and Kitty as it takes me longer to get ready. I take longer I guess because in the end  I have more to hide especially when it comes to shaving. It would be a dream just to redo my make up and change clothes. Wearing a wig is not so much of a problem when it's comfortable. I guess the cruel joke is I am losing the one set of hair I want to keep.
I got a good head start getting ready before everyone arrived back at the apartment.
When we were all ready we took in a few places including Eden and the Retro Bar
but ended up in Naps which as you can imagine got very busy.
Saturday is the highlight of Sparkle but this year more people seemed to stay over for Sunday.
The night came to an end and my shortest stay in Manchester for awhile was rapidly drawing to a close.
I said goodbye to Kate and Kitty as they would be out on Sunday. It was time for some sleep. I had one full day left.  
  




No comments: