Saturday 1 February 2020

January 2020 Chinese New Year Friday

Friday

I had a tiring train trip down the previous day. When I woke I felt good to be in Manchester. I thought it would be nice to take a trip to Leeds. I love shopping there. My plan was to see about getting a Pandora charm bracelet.

I got the train to Leeds which was fine although it took over an hour . There have been a lot of problems with the trains in Northern England with time tables and such. I got my bracelet and a couple of charms. I also bought a tan leather style jacket and a jumper. The sun was out but cold. I had a lovely day out.
It came time to head back to Manchester. Back at the hotel I decided to get my dinner. The café style restaurant was empty. I ordered a burger. Half way through my meal the place filled with older people attending a ceramics conference. The lady in charge spoke to me very concerned I was on my own. I had to explain that I was not part of the conference. They were all lovely and I did hear some ask 'why is that lady on her own', I didn't think it was me they were asking about. I had one more drink and then took a wander into the Village.
It was 'Manchester Minx' night,  a support group my friend Kate runs. They usually meet one Friday in the month at the On Bar, but tonight they had gone to Blackpool.
The Village was very quiet for a Friday and there weren't many in the On Bar.

I went for a couple of more drinks around The Village and then decided to call it a night.
I wore my new jacket which I was very pleased with.



In the morning I would take a trip to Blackpool to see Kate and Suki then later I would meet up with Diana and Ash.





No comments: