Wednesday 3 June 2009

A Clearer View (and sore feet) Part Two Saturday/Sunday

I got up after about 4 hours sleep. Actually the best I'd had in a long time. I got dressed and went out to the shop. Not long after I returned Diana was up and ready. Outside it was another beautiful sunny day. While we were waiting for Kate I asked Di to take some photos. A record of my times out has become really important to me. If there comes a time when I am unable to get out that maybe all I have left. It a sobering thought. The attack on my eye really scared me. I think my biggest fear is losing my eyesight. This is why I need to get the most out of life. The chances are I'll be fine, but just in case.........
Kate appeared and we off for breakfast. I had a big greasy fry up. There was something beautiful about sitting in the sunshine chatting and having breakfast with 2 good friends. We were 3 women out for the day. It's moments like these that make life so beautiful.
We went off into the city centre.I managed to buy a watch, bracelet and a pair of white jeans. I did get another pair of sunglasses after borrowing Kate's, but I found my dodgy eye went weird when I took them off for awhile. I decided to leave them off.
I did my usual visit to the MAC counter in Selfridges and bought a very deep red lipstick. Perhaps over the top, but I love the shade.
After we were all shopped out we headed back to the Village where we met up with Mandy, Emma and her wife for a drink in Taurus. It was great to see Mandy and Emma again and a pleasure to meet Mrs Emma.
I had to go back to the hotel to get changed for the evening. Back in my room I thought this is going to quickly. I wish I had more time. The 5 days I had spent down before was a nice length of time. It felt like a good holiday.
We were all going to meet in the View bar. I arrived first. The Village was very busy as was the View. Just as I got a drink, I saw Tina who looked stunning. We went downstairs to wait for the others. Everybody eventually arrived including Kate's wife, Tina's wife, who I had never met and it was a pleasure to meet her. It was also nice to see Lisa out again.
I had a few questions about the MS and if I was ok. I assured them I was. I had a good chat with Mrs Kate who had been ill recently. I was glad to see she had recovered.
We moved on to Villagio for a lovely meal. Then we went on to Velvet which was packed. When I went out for a smoke some of the girls were outside. I think it had got a bit much for them as well. It was then decided we would all go to Naps. After a couple of dances my feet were really sore so much so I nipped back to my room to changes shoes. Luckily it was just round the corner.
Into a pair of flats I discovered a couple of blisters on my toes. A bit more comfortable I went back. A fantastic night edged to a close. People began to leave. After lots of hugs just Di and myself were left. We decided to call it a night. Di said she wanted to see me up to the train station in the morning.
I had another good sleep, a bit sad another fantastic couple of days had come to an end.
In the morning back in drab I rang Di to see if she was up. I think she got ready in record time.
Dragging my bag up Canal St with Di walking beside me we looked for somewhere to get a cpffee.
We met up with the 2 Kates. Because time was getting on for me catching my train we decided to get a coffee at the train station. It was a beautiful day again and I really did not want to leave.
This was a lovely way to end a fantastic weekend. Me back as a bloke being seen off by 3 beautiful women, my best friends. As the song in another post says 'It's a Beautiful Day', actually they were all beautiful days.

Karen xx

1 comment:

chrissie said...

Sounds like a great couple of days, pet.

I'm so jealous!


love
chrissie
xxxx