Tuesday 6 August 2013

Sparkle 2013



It was great to be in Manchester again for Sparkle. I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it, but things worked out really well. Thanks to my friend Diana also it was great to see Ashley again who also stayed with us.
I had 3 days to enjoy with my friends which ran from the Friday leaving for home on the Sunday.
                                  The Tree of  Life, In its summer glory 

I had been last been out in April but never blogged about it here. To be honest things in my life have got into a bit of a mess and are somewhat chaotic, but it seems to be settling now.
I really this time just wanted to spend time with my friends and have a enjoyable time. On the whole I did, but there were moments that did make me feel sad. I guess the worst was hearing about the death of a fireman fighting a blaze in the Northern Quarter at a shop we all knew well. This happened on the Saturday which I guess is the main day for Sparkle.
This apparently was the biggest Sparkle yet and I quite believe that. It definitely had the hottest weather I’ve experienced at Sparkle.
With the hot weather I got the courage to wear strappy tops without a cardigan, which was a big deal for me.  I guess that leads me to some of the trans politics which wasn’t to much in evidence this year. Well I never noticed much. There were a couple of good natured comments about me being a tranny. TV, TS, TG, who really cares. I did wear a dress at one point which I do like to do now and again, if I feel comfortable. Actually with the weather it was nice to change out of my jeans.

It was lovely to see Kate and Kitty also Kristina, Alex and Liverpool Kate. I also met a couple of other girls, whose names escape me.
It was great to see and speak to Jane and Karen briefly who are 2 girls involved with organising Sparkle. They do a fantastic job.
The weekend was wonderful. Saturday night was very busy and a visit to Naps and have a dance was not going to happen. 
I'll finish with some pictures and a couple of my inartistic works inspired from my trip to Sparkle.









The last a watercolour inspired by the Tree of Life in Sackville Gardens.
I had a great time thanks to my friends and wish it had been longer.

Love and Light
xxx



2 comments:

Diana Richards said...

It was great to see you Karen - what a lovely weekend x di

Tawny Karen said...

Thanks Diana I had a wonderful time and hopefully it was a good sign for the big one and this time lots of Retro breakfasts, which was one thing I missed lol.